Monday, April 10, 2006

Little Crumbsnatchers

Here are some pictures of my preschool kids at good old PROS Language Center. I have a few more students, but only brought the camera (or remembered to get it out, more accurately) on a day when I only teach two. This is Chiaki and Miyu enjoying some free play on a rainy afternoon. It also shows the classroom I use (I have since switched the alphabet posters in the background. They always seemed a little confusing to me: Aa, Bb, Ee?) Here is Chiaki, cracking a crooked smile for the camera. She is an excellent little artist and can already write her name (albeit in simple Japanese). She does tend to block out English speakers after a long day, and when I first started teaching her I asked if maybe she was hard of hearing (Chiaki? Chiaki?? Chi-a-ki?!) She is a very sweet girl though, and very bright. And next is Miyu. She comes to PROS five days a week, so her English is pretty advanced for a 2-year old. She can read 3 letter words and she remembers a lot of the phrases I use in class. Once, during snacktime, she starting singing a little song that went "Sit down properly, sit down properly!" That was pretty funny. She's a lot of fun to have in class, and it's been amazing to see her progress. I hope to have some pictures of the other kids soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake and Elspeth said...

So glad to see what you're both up to, and the girls look adorable.

I just had a friend start teaching in Kawanoe...even more reason to try and visit. :)

11:58 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

adorable is an understatement. I teach english in Kawanoe, that is in Shikoku. If you ever want to check out the country beauty then come on down. My youngest is 8 months old, not quite the talker but he does bow to me when we say good bye.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

louis vuitton louis vuitton ellipse backpack bag louis vuitton bag louis vuitton ellipse backpack purse louis vuitton outlet Hermes Handbag louis vuitton eluxury

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home