Monday, April 10, 2006

Little Crumbsnatchers

Here are some pictures of my preschool kids at good old PROS Language Center. I have a few more students, but only brought the camera (or remembered to get it out, more accurately) on a day when I only teach two. This is Chiaki and Miyu enjoying some free play on a rainy afternoon. It also shows the classroom I use (I have since switched the alphabet posters in the background. They always seemed a little confusing to me: Aa, Bb, Ee?) Here is Chiaki, cracking a crooked smile for the camera. She is an excellent little artist and can already write her name (albeit in simple Japanese). She does tend to block out English speakers after a long day, and when I first started teaching her I asked if maybe she was hard of hearing (Chiaki? Chiaki?? Chi-a-ki?!) She is a very sweet girl though, and very bright. And next is Miyu. She comes to PROS five days a week, so her English is pretty advanced for a 2-year old. She can read 3 letter words and she remembers a lot of the phrases I use in class. Once, during snacktime, she starting singing a little song that went "Sit down properly, sit down properly!" That was pretty funny. She's a lot of fun to have in class, and it's been amazing to see her progress. I hope to have some pictures of the other kids soon!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Bender said...

Loved seeing some new blog stuff! Loved seeing what your classroom looks like too - looks pretty similar to ours over here! Know what you mean about kiddos blocking out a teachers voice - I deal with it daily and we are supposedly speaking the language they know! My class did 3 mini plays today - what characters they are! I let them design their own costumes, some even made things for the bottom of their shoes - like anyone would see it!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

So glad to see what you're both up to, and the girls look adorable.

I just had a friend start teaching in Kawanoe...even more reason to try and visit. :)

11:58 PM  
Blogger lewisjohn20420352 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9:49 AM  
Blogger hindi-mp3-music said...

More About African Music You Can Find Here http://african-music.michaelbruce.net/african-music-celebration.html

4:54 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

adorable is an understatement. I teach english in Kawanoe, that is in Shikoku. If you ever want to check out the country beauty then come on down. My youngest is 8 months old, not quite the talker but he does bow to me when we say good bye.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous 19th century england said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my 19th century england site.
Have a great week!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://tramadol-sqllt.blogspot.com/
Dont forget!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found some search engines.
But i dont understand the type it.

levitra
phentermine
carisoprodol

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
[URL=http://blog.bakililar.az/Botshark/]Buy Tramadol Online[/URL]

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

louis vuitton louis vuitton ellipse backpack bag louis vuitton bag louis vuitton ellipse backpack purse louis vuitton outlet Hermes Handbag louis vuitton eluxury

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home