Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Beautiful Imazato






Alright, here it is, as promised. These are not award winning pictures, but I thought y`all might enjoy seeing where I`ve been living. The apartment that the crew moved into after the first exciting week was in just about the quietest place you could think of in the city. The neighborhood is called Imazato, and, as you can see, it`s pretty residential. This is the apartment from outside. Pretty luxurious, huh? We were all thankful to have a place to stay, but we were also thinking that we`re definitely earning our stars on this trip. Inside it`s actually quite nice. New tatami mats, very clean, and some fun decorations from Marisa, the girl who let us stay at her place. That`s Jeff in the living room (or the second bedroom :) Here`s the actual bedroom, which has an actual bed. Pretty rare for Japan, most people sleep on thick bedrolls on the floor called futons. We bought two of those for the unlucky couple who`d be camping in the living room. On the first night, Jen, Kevin, Jeff and I all played Scrabble to see who would get the bed for the first week. Jeff and I lost. Here`s the kitchen. It was pretty small, I`ll admit, but it did the job. And this is the shower and bathroom (the handle on the right is the toilet closet) Pretty awesome!! It took some adjustments to get used to smaller living (Jeff and Kev definitely had to learn to duck doorways) but we learned to maximize space using the glass and wood dividers. It was fun! We also made use of the roof, which was so awesome to have access to. Here`s the gang chowing down in style. The neighborhood was really convenient and the people were pretty friendly. We lived right next to a covered shopping street. This place had everything, from clothing shops and hats and shoes to a pet store that sold crickets. Also, used furniture and second-hand pottery, plus tons of little eateries and markets. Everyone rides bicycles right through the mall and they play Hawaiian music all day long, making the whole place seem just slightly surreal. They also have these crazy looking paper decorations everywhere. But, enough about the mall. Many of the houses have beautiful potted plants outside of the front door. It really brightens up the area and makes up for there being no trees. These really made me think of my mom, who was nervous about downsizing to an apartment and losing her ability to garden. See mom, no matter how small your place is, you can still have a garden! And, I hope to get my own little garden started at my new apartment! That`s right, Jeff and I found a new place, and we`ll be moving in next weekend. So, stay tuned for that. Take care and love to you all! -Erin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog site you've provided.Keep it going.
Look Here and Save Time Looking For Auto Warranty
Facts and Information. Auto Warranty

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I can't even immagine living in such a small place, it makes my new place look like a palace! I love to see that you are all smiling and look so happy. You guys rock. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work. I love you.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, I love your site. Your mom has been working in my garden and I'm better off for it. I'm so happy for you and Jeff for getting jobs. You seem to be having a ball!
I miss you and will check in regularly. Best of Luck.
Love and kisses, Auntie Shirley

7:00 AM  
Blogger Erin Lawrence said...

Thanks for all the comments, guys! It`s great to know that my favorite people are checking the site often, and not just internet crazies! I`m glad you`re getting settled in, Mom, and that you`re enjoying her presence, Aunt Shirl. I miss you and love you all!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool...
congratulations on your job! The pictures and the stories are amazing..thanks for sharing! Everything here is good. Mark says hi! We'll talk to you later! Hugs, Mary Ann =)

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics I'm so glad to see you're doing so well! Damn and I was proud of myself for moving to Tampa! You guys look like you're all really enjoying yourselves, I'm so proud of you for doing this! I knew you would love it. Your new place looks really nice. CONGRATS on the jobs! That is a huge relief, I'm sure you will do great. Hi Jeff! I love you all and miss you. Love Megan

11:44 PM  
Blogger Erin Lawrence said...

thanks maryann and megan! i hope all is well with you both. meg, it`s so cool you`re working at the football stadium! i bet it`s really fun. maryann, say hi to mark for me! my mom just moved up to chicago, maybe you`ll run into each other! love and miss you both!!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home